Congregation Shir Ami members serve our local community and promote social justice in many creative ways. One person’s initiative often sparks others to join in a group project. Organized volunteer opportunities include:
· Contributing to our High Holiday food drive.
· Sorting food donations at the Alameda County Community Food Bank.
· Helping out at Eden Church’s Comida Food distribution program.
· Sponsoring the community outreach and social justice work of the South Hayward
· Tending Jewish gravesites at a local cemetery.
· Participating in Castro Valley Relay for Life.
· Visiting Jewish patients in long-term nursing care.
· Providing meals for members recovering from illness or facing bereavement.
· Taking charge of an event, a committee, or an outreach project.